Sunday, June 6, 2010

The People's Bike


DSC05052
Originally uploaded by legally_beaumont
Sierra decided to split up the last couple events in the Summer Games. I took it on myself to find a non-cycling friend to go on a bike ride with.

This past Saturday I called up Alix and asked him if he wanted to meet up and ride over to Melody's barbecue housewarming party. Alix doesn't have a bike of his own so he borrowed The People's Bike which is the public bike at the college.

It was a good ride, we rode from the college out to Melody's.

Alix doesn't have a car so checking out The People's Bike has inspired him to do more of his commuting around town by bike instead of trying to find rides all the time.

The party was fun, it was a healthy mix of Santa Rosan vegetarians and crazy Napa meat eaters. I met a guy who has a tattoo of Lois Griffin nude on his forearm. He also has PUNX along his arm. I'm still trying to figure him out. Melody's boyfriend is goofy and it was good getting to know Melody's crew.

All in all it was a good night. Alix had to take off early to take his bike back and I ended up riding home with Sierra. I hope she gets a headlight and rear blinker set soon!



Sierra and I are trying to win some cool cycling stuff by participating in this year's Bicycle Summer Games. Click on the banner below for more info!

No comments:

Post a Comment