Tuesday, May 18, 2010

InDIYpendent Culture Faire


DSC04850
Originally uploaded by legally_beaumont
This past Saturday was the InDIYpendent Culture Faire at the old JV warehouse.

Sierra and I were able to peddle a lot of books that day. We completely ran out of our latest issue of the zine as well as a good deal of the back issues that we brought out. We have nine people signed up for our subscription services and I even sold some of my Mexican Portrait books.

I got to meet Comfort Slacks (pictured here) as well as John Thill, who I had talked to online before but never met in person. I'm working on setting up our second zine release show with these two bands on the bill. Buttercream were a big hit last time and Pete says he's down to play again this time around too.

Sunday was our one year anniversary. Our original plan was to go to the Academy of Sciences, but we decided against that at the last minute in favor of doing one of the museums "date nights" on a Thursday. We can't do this Thursday because Sierra has her scholarship awards ceremony. I'm excited to go to a cool museum with my girlfriend, without kids! Sorry, but sometimes kids are the last thing I want to see when I'm out trying to relax.

No comments:

Post a Comment