Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Progress


There has been a lot going on in the past couple of weeks. We've had our big open forum at the Di Rosa. The turnout out was the best we've ever had! There was a diverse crowd of young and old and many different perspectives on art, but we were all united by a common desire for more opportunities and representation within the city of Napa.

I led a small group in our discussion points. Out of the five, we only covered two and a half. We had a lot to say.

We've moved forward with the Strong-Hayden conversation and we are hopeful that we will one day be able to use one of the spaces downtown.

I've been receiving a lot of responses to my Facebook blasts regarding our meetings and workshops. This week, I advertised the artists workshop on Saturday instead of the night before. I never thought of doing this because to me I have always seen my posts as a night-before notification, as well as a week-before. It's a weekly workshop, if I'm telling you about this week's meeting, I'm also telling you about next week's.

Anyway, I got positive responses after this early notification and I hope to see a ton of new faces!

No comments:

Post a Comment